IMT Ghaziabad is the academic host for GBSN’s first conference in India
In India for the first time, with IMT Ghaziabad as Academic host, GBSN’s 7th annual International conference is titled Making the Connection: Management Education Powering Development.
With IMT Ghaziabad as 2012’s Academic host, the GBSN’s 7th annual conference is being held at Taj Palace, New Delhi, from 11 June, till 14 June, 2012. This is the first time GBSN is being held in India and is doing so with the unstinted support of IMT Ghaziabad.
GBSN has grown into an important platform where Management Gurus and thought leaders from countries across the world assemble to discuss the meaningful impact an MBA could make in a changing world. Since 2003, Global Business School Network (GBSN) is working towards making management education more significant, especially in developing countries.
The programme includes a line up of impressive speakers. Talks and discussions are planned on Regional Trends in Business Education; Sourcing, Scoping and Aligning Student Consulting Projects; Going Beyond Accreditation: How to Measure Quality; Successful Strategies: Executive Education for Emerging Markets; Creative Approaches to Internationalization, etc.
The Opening Session has a talk by Mr Kamal Nath, Union Cabinet Minister of Urban Development. As President of the Board of Governors with IMT, Mr Nath is a thinker and a change ambassador. His bold, brave and very contemporary views have gained him respect, bringing India closer to the world. His foresight with relation to Management education has taken IMT Ghaziabad to the top ten list of B-Schools in India.
Padma Bhushan Shri Analjit Singh, a self-made entrepreneur, is a self-motivated individual. He is Founder and Chairman of Max India Limited. On the board of several companies, Singh is an active member of the Prime Minister’s Joint Indo-Us CEOs Forum, and will talk at the GSBN Opening Session.
Mr Guy Pfeffermann, Founder and CEO of GBSN (USA), has many honours to his credit. Starting his career in the 1960s he served as Chief Economist for the Latin America and Caribbean Region. Prior to founding GBSN in 2003, Pfeffermann worked as Director of the Economics Department and Chief Economist for the International Finance Corporation.
Dr. Bibek Banerjee, Director, IMT, Ghaziabad is a change catalyst. To him, education is not a zero sum game. At IMT, exchange of ideas and knowledge transcends political borders. Dr. Banerjee’s thought process and organization skills are legendary.
“Going beyond business, GBSN helps B-Schools take bold initiatives that impact the world,” Dr. Banerjee, Director, IMT Ghaziabad says.
Keynote speaker at the Gala Dinner, Mr. Ashok Alexander is Director, Avahan India AIDS Initiative, Global Health Program, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, India. His experience includes working and living in different countries across a broad spectrum of industries, including NGOs in India. In fact, he was part of the leadership team that created the American India Foundation (AIF) and continues to work closely with it as part of AIF’s board of advisors.
Eminent Management leaders and speakers from across the world include:
• Dr. Wiebe Boer, CEO, The Tony Elumelu Foundation, Nigeria
• Dr. Ronald Chua, Center for Development Management, Core Faculty, Asian Institute of Management, Philippines
• Prof. Jonathan Cook, Executive Director, Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) South Africa
• Prof. Stephen J. DeKrey, Senior Associate Dean, Director of Masters Programs and Adjunct Professor of Management, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology School of Business and Management, China
• Mr. Rajeev Karwal, Founder, Milagrow Business and Knowledge Solutions, India
• Ms. Seema Khosla, Founder, Owner, and Manager, IDEAS Kitchens, India
• Dr. Enase Okonedo Dean, Lagos Business School, Nigeria
• Dr. Anjali Sastry, Senior Lecturer, MIT Sloan School of Management, USA
• Dr. Eon Smit, Professor, University of Stellenbosch Business School South Africa
• Dr. Ashok Som, Associate Dean and Director of the Global MBA, ESSEC Business School, France